Casey J. Leier
Casey Leier is an Associate with Finger, Newcomb & Thigpen. Mr. Leier specializes in employment matters.
Mr. Leier completed his education at the Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver, where he obtained an undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree in International Relations and a Master of Arts in International Security. He later attended the University of Denver’s Sturm College of Law to earn his Juris Doctorate.
Prior to joining Finger, Newcomb & Thigpen, Mr. Leier served as a Lead Investigator at the Colorado Civil Rights Division. Mr. Leier spent four years investigating claims of harassment, retaliation, and discrimination based on sex, age, race, national origin, and disability.
During his tenure at CCRD, Mr. Leier was also successful in mediating a number of cases and obtaining settlement for aggrieved employees. He is well-versed in administrative law and governmental agency regulations. Mr. Leier brings with him an ability to systematically gather and examine the facts of a case from his time as an investigator.
Area of Expertise
• Employment Law
• Civil Rights
• State Personnel Board Appeals
• State Personnel Employee Representation
• Insurance Bad Faith
• Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
• Law School: Sturm College of Law, University of Denver, J.D.
• College: Josef Korbel School of International Studies, B.A. in International Relations
• College: Josef Korbel School of International Studies, M.A. in International Security